All students have physical education 2 hours per week along with health education and social-emotional learning (SEL). When students have gym class, they are to wear gym pants and a Burroughs t-shirt. Gym pants are to be worn on gym days only. There are also after school and Saturday activities for intermural, interscholastic, and recreational sports and exercise. For interscholastic sports in grades 5-8, Burroughs has established these 10 team member standards:
1. Follow all school rules and regulations.
2. Keep up with all school work.
3. Show good behavior at all times.
4. Be working to capacity in all subject areas.
5. Attend and be on time for all games and practices.
6. Follow directions given by coaches.
7. Work to improve their sports skills.
8. Come prepared for all games and practices.
9. Show good sportsmanship at all athletic competitions.
10. Represent the Burroughs School in a positive way.
Students who are unable to fulfill these responsibilities will not be eligible to participate in the Burroughs School Sports Program!
Boys Cross Country
Girls Cross Country
Co-Ed Flag Football
(Below are photos from the 2017 Season ending in March.)
Boys Track and Field
Girls Track and Field