Congratulations to all our Science Fair scientists in grades 5-8! Our annual Science Fair was November 16 led by Mr. Lentino, Middle School Science Teacher! All classes from K-8 viewed the projects in the gym. Winners advanced to the Network Fair and Fernando Rodriguez qualified for the City Fair in March! The 17 local judges included Ald. Cardenas and State Rep. Tabares!
Burroughs Upcoming Events
Let's Have a Great School Year Working Together!
- The regular school day starts at 8:30 and ends at 3:30. We welcome you to another great year of learning and positive growth starting Tuesday, September 5, 2017!
- Burroughs offers a wide selection of after school classes and activities, such as sports, reading and math enrichment, science club, young women's club, homework center, martial arts, dance, and more. We especially thank BPNC for their generous support! Homework Center is Mondays through Thursdays 3:30 to 4:30 in the library.
- For new student registration and enrollment, please contact our office at 773-535-7226, including full-day Pre-K for four year olds (bilingual spanish and regular) and late afternoon Pre-K for three year olds. Please see our Admissions webpage for further information.
- Universal free breakfast for every student is offered everyday as students enter the school. Breakfast sacks are provided to eat in their classrooms. In addition, there is lunch and an after school snack meal at 4:30 Mondays through Friday. Please see our CPS Meal Menus webpage for further information.
- Medical compliance records, such as physicals or immunizations are needed by October 15. See our Policies page for details and low cost medical options.
- Students are expected to be in school uniform and also wear gym clothes on gym days. Shirts should be tucked in. See our Policies page for details.
First day of school on September 5, 2017 on the play field. Principal Rich Morris encourages a successful year for all!